Stacking the Shelves (27)

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where bloggers share their weekly book hauls! I absolutely love showcasing what I received over the week, and seeing what goodies everyone else got as well!!!



PURCHASED:
The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel


WHAT'S HAPPENING IN BECCA LAND?

Well, this week I didn't buy much, which is surprising, I know. But I did go to the doctor for the wrist on Monday, and it turns out that I have Neuropathic Pain in my wrist. They gave me a steroid shot and a brace, which has helped a lot. Thank goodness, because if it didn't, they were going to have to refer me to a neurologist, and that word completely freaked me out!

Then, on Friday, our furnace decided to be a butthead, and started blowing cold air instead of warm. It really sucked, because it was only 23* outside when it happened, so we called the repair man, and he was here until 1 a.m.! He rigged it so it would work for the night, but the bad news was our furnace had cracks in it. We had to replace it, and if you've never replaced a furnace, let me just say...it's hella expensive.

On Saturday, I finally took the plunge (two weeks late, mind you) into NaNoWriMo land. This whole year I've just been out of the writing thing. I'm not entirely sure what the deal was but I know it was a combination of pressure and feeling like I wasn't good enough. Plus the idea that had been spinning inside my head for the majority of the year, was the book that scared me. I was so scared to write this book, because it's very near and dear to my heart. But I finally got my crap together and wrote like the wind. I'm just on the other side of 10K as of right now. I'm hoping to get to 15K by the end of the night! I will win NaNo again this year, I swear it. I can do this. I will do it. Are any of ya'll NaNo-ing? Add me as a friend so we can cry together! 

Other than that, I've been reading. (Le duh) I read In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken (which was good, but it just didn't pack the punch the first two did. Solid ending though!), The Book of Ivy (LOVED), slowly making my way through My True Love Gave to Me (which some I love and some I just don't), and I've nearly read The Walled City (which is epic!) What have you been reading?

BLOG POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:
AROUND THE BLOG-O-SPHERE:
  • A Letter in Review to Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle on READING TEEN
  • A Letter in Review to Captive by Aimee Carter on READING TEEN
That's it for me this week!
Did you get anything amaze balls?
Link me up!
Thanks for visiting Pivot Book Reviews!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Nice! That's a new to me book! Hope you end up loving it!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I would hate for the furnace to blow out. I'm glad that you are okay. It looks like you had a busy week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really happy to hear that the steroids shot and the brace have been helping you loads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your wrist is (hopefully) fixed! Also glad it wasn't carpal tunnel.
    Oh gosh, heater problems are SO stressful! And I definitely know how expensive it can be. We had to replace ours when we first moved in, but it was the entire HVAC system, not just the furnace. So we dropped $600 on a USED air conditioner and another $800 on a new furnace. Homeownership can be rough =/ A few weeks ago (the first cold day of the year), we found out that our heater wasn't actually working. Had to drop another $100 on a tiny, tiny little ignition bulb. Crazy!

    Good luck on NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! Pain in the wrist is THE WORST. Mine hurt all the time :p but yay for getting shots to make it better. <3 hope it doesn't hurt anymore :) Also hoping you will have an amazing week. <3 happy reading sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs