Waiting on Wednesday (36)

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release you're eagerly anticipating!

This week I'm waiting on:

A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
Releases on: February 24th, 2015  ADD IT TO GOODREADS!

FROM GOODREADS: Rhiannon Thomas's dazzling debut novel is a spellbinding reimagining of Sleeping Beauty and what happens after happily ever after.

One hundred years after falling asleep, Princess Aurora wakes up to the kiss of a handsome prince and a broken kingdom that has been dreaming of her return. All the books say that she should be living happily ever after. But as Aurora understands all too well, the truth is nothing like the fairy tale. 

Her family is long dead. Her "true love" is a kind stranger. And her whole life has been planned out by political foes while she slept.

As Aurora struggles to make sense of her new world, she begins to fear that the curse has left its mark on her, a fiery and dangerous thing that might be as wicked as the witch who once ensnared her. With her wedding day drawing near, Aurora must make the ultimate decision on how to save her kingdom: marry the prince or run.

Rhiannon Thomas weaves together vivid scenes of action, romance, and gorgeous gowns to reveal a richly imagined world... and Sleeping Beauty as she's never been seen before.

Why I'm Waiting:
1. Dat cover.
2. Um hello? This is a SLEEPING BEAUTY RETELLING. YES YES YES YES YAAAAS
3. The part I love about this is the line..."what happens after happily ever after?"

What do you think of my WoW?
What is your WoW for this week?
Let me know in the comments, and be sure to leave me a link so I can come back and leave you some comment love! 

Thanks for stopping by Pivot Book Reviews!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read A Wicked Thing, too! I love retellings, and this one sounds so perfect! I really hope it lives up to both the blurb and cover. Thanks for sharing, and hope we enjoy it when its released :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! Dying to read this one! I love fairy tales and retellings or expandings?!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome! I'm always looking for a new fairy tale retelling. ;) Definitely adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I do think it sounds pretty interesting :D I hope you will love it sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks very interesting! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my WoW: http://thecouchpotatoesdigest.blogspot.com/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday-court-of-thorns.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Wicked Thing sounds amazing. I totally like that it's a fairy tale retelling. Excellent choice.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover looks amazing and it sounds quite awesome!! Great pick, Becca!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs