REVIEW - Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally

Monday, October 13, 2014


Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
Published by: Sourcebooks Fire on July 15th, 2014
Series: (Hundred Oaks)
Pages: 306
Format: Hardcover
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4/5
BUY THE BOOK or ADD IT TO GOODREADS!

FROM GOODREADS: Annie hates running. No matter how far she jobs, she can't escape the guilt that if she hand't broken up with Kyle, he might still be alive. So to honor his memory, she starts preparing for the marathon he intended to race.

But the training is even more grueling than Annie could have imagined. Despite her coaching, she's at war with her body, her mind -- and her heart. With every mile that athletic Jeremiah cheers her on, she grows more conflicted. She wants to run into his arms... and sprint in the opposite direction. For Annie, opening up to love again may be even more of a challenge that crossing the finish line. 

MY THOUGHTS: 

Dearest Breathe, Annie, Breathe,

I didn't realize you were part of a series when I read you, and for that, I apologize. Luckily, you're more like a companion that an actual 'series' so no biggie. Although, I will be reading the other books in the Hundred Oaks series soon, because you rocked. I was craving a contemporary that I would compare to the likes of Stephanie Perkins and Kasie West, and you satisfied that craving beautifully! THANK YOU!

You follow the story of Annie, who much like me, can't run to save her life, but when her boyfriend passes away, Annie blames herself and decides to run the marathon that he was planning to run in his honor. But Annie's marathon training is a lot more than she bargained for, and she wasn't planning on falling for her coach's brother, either. Will Annie be able to cross that finish line and ever open herself up for love again?

Seriously, I flailed so hard over you, BAB (Breathe, Annie, Breathe). I love love loved Annie, and really felt a connection with her because I've had an ex-boyfriend of mine pass away since high school. Of course, it was a bit different for me, because we weren't dating anymore when it happened, and we were never that serious, but he was still a very close friend of mine. I understood Annie's feelings completely. And then, there's Jeremiah. Oh dear lord. Jeremiah. *FEELS* *FLAILS* *FAINTS* I loved Jeremiah, especially because he has faults of his own. Even your secondary characters had their own faults, and they just felt so realistic. Your author, Miranda Kenneally, definitely knows how to bring her characters to life. 

Annie's journey was tough, but she was one hell of a character. She fought for every mile, and it was just overwhelming, and engrossing. I couldn't read you fast enough, BAB. I want more of Annie and Jeremiah so much. I'm desperately hoping to see more of them in another Hundred Oaks companion. (HINT HINT MIRANDA!) I hope to get to the previous books very very soon, because if they are just like you, I'm sure to gobble them up just as fast. You were one hell of a read, and one that will stick close to my heart in the days to come. FABULOUS! Four hearts to you, Breathe, Annie, Breathe.

Considering taking up running now,

Becca


Let's discuss!
Have you read anything by Miranda Kenneally?
Have you read Breathe, Annie, Breathe?
What did you think?



2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to get my hands on this one! Great review!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, if it made you consider taking up running, it must have been good!
    Great review, Becca!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs