Waiting on Wednesday (17)

Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating!

This week I'm waiting on:

Blackbird by Anna Carey
Releases on: September 16th, 2014 Add it to Goodreads!!

FROM GOODREADS: This twisty, breathless cat-and-mouse thrill ride, told in the second person, follows a girl with amnesia in present-day Los Angeles who is being pursued by mysterious and terrifying assailants. 

A girl wakes up on the train tracks, a subway car barreling down on her. With only minutes to react, she hunches down and the train speeds over her. She doesn't remember her name, where she is, or how she got there. She has a tattoo on the inside of her right wrist of a blackbird inside a box, letters and numbers printed just below: FNV02198. There is only one thing she knows for sure: people are trying to kill her.

On the run for her life, she tries to untangle who she is and what happened to the girl she used to be. Nothing and no one are what they appear to be. But the truth is more disturbing that she ever imagined.

The Maze Runner series meets Code Name Verity, Blackbird is relentless and action-packed, filled with surprising twists.

WHY I'M WAITING: 

1. I loved Anna Carey's Eve trilogy so hard, so I'm really excited to see something new coming from her!
2. THIS SOUNDS SO MYSTERIOUS. I NEEDZ TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.
3. This is always one of my reasons, so dat cover doe...
4. That sounds like a badass tattoo!! Me likey tattoo-ys. 

What do you think of my WoW?
What is your WoW for this week?
Let me know in the comments, and be sure to leave me a link so I can come back and leave you some comment love! 

Thanks for stopping by Pivot Book Reviews!!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by this author before, but this one sounds intriguing. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Anna Carey's other series, but this sounds really intriguing. I love stories with memory loss. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to check out Blackbird too! I haven't had the chance to read Anna Carey's Eve series, but love the sound of this mystery. Great pick, Becca :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the second time I've seen this book today and like I said on my other comment: This book sounds super intriguing and thrilling.
    Come by and check out my Wow & my Book Haul@ Book Hangovers
    xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs