Cover Puppies (13) - The Ring and The Crown by Melissa de la Cruz

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cover Puppies is a weekly post here on Pivot Book Reviews, where I combine my extreme love for my doggies and YA books, and recreate my favorite book covers with my puppies!

This week, I'm featuring.. 

(Gentry)

The Ring and The Crown by Melissa de la Cruz!

FROM GOODREADS: Princess Marie-Victoria, heir to the Lily Throne, and Aelwyn Myrddn, bastard daughter of the Mage of England, grew up together. But who will rule, and who will serve?

Quiet and gentle, Marie has never lived up to the ambitions of her mother, Queen Eleanor the Second, Supreme Ruler of the Franco-British Empire. With the help of her Head Merlin, Emrys, Eleanor has maintained her stanglehold on the world's only source of magic. She rules the most powerful empire the world has ever seen.

But even with the aid of Emrys' magic, Eleanor's extended lifespan is nearing its end. The princess must marry and produce an heir or the Empire will be vulnerable to its greatest enemy, Prussia. The two kingdoms must unite to end the war, and the only solution is a match between Marie and Prince Leopold VII, heir to the Prussian throne. But Marie has always loved Gill, her childhood friend and soldier of the Queen's Guard.

Together, Marie and Aelwyn, a powerful magician in her own right, come up with a plan. Aelwyn will take on Marie's face, allowing the princess to escape with Gill and live the quiet life she's always wanted. And Aelwyn will get what she's always dreamed of- the chance to rule. But the court intrigue and hunger for power in Lenoran England run deeper than anyone could imagine. In the end, there is only one rule that matters in Eleanor's court: trust no one.


 

I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed with the cuteness factor of how this turned out!! I have yet to read The Ring and The Crown unfortunately, because I just received my copy in the mail yesterday! It was so weird, because I was sitting here trying to pick a cover to recreate, when the doorbell rang..MAIL TIME! And The Ring and The Crown was the first book I pulled out. The cover is even prettier in person, guys! I knew I had my cover the second my fingertips touched it! Gentry was not in a cooperative mood either. She wanted nothing to do with Cover Puppies this week, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the one picture I got of her without moving! 

Did you like this feature?
Have a cover you are dying for me to recreate?
Let me know in the comments! I heart comment love!

Thanks for visiting Pivot Book Reviews, and be sure to hit that follow button so you get the newest Cover Puppies posts the second I hit publish!!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Look at Gentry being an amazing model! No one would think she was being difficult at all, given how cutely she is posing in the first photo!!
    Fantastic recreation, the original cover is so pretty and Gentry looks totally regal in your version!
    Awesome job, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! She's just getting too good at this whole Modeling thing. Maybe she needs to get a paid modeling gig! HAHA! I really really love this recreation! It's definitely one of my favorites! I'm so happy with how it turned out! I'm glad you liked it too, Pili! :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs