BOOK BLOGGER LOVE-A-THON - Day Two

Sunday, February 16, 2014
Book Blogger Love-A-Thon Day Two is finally here! YAY! Day one was SO much fun, even though I was a little late to the game. Oopsies. Forgive me? Anyways, I'm super excited to start Day Two's Mini-Challenges. I will be updating this post throughout the day that way I don't blow up everyone's feeds with separate posts so be sure to check back! Thanks again to Alexa and Katelyn for hosting! You ladies rock my socks and I love you both! <3

Mini-Challenge #4: Mash-Up!
(12 p.m.)
For this challenge, we ask you to mash-up your bookish life with a non-bookish hobby/passion/talent that you have in real life.

I sort of already do a weekly feature that is Mash-Up on my blog, which is Cover Puppies. I mashed up my love for my dogs and YA book covers and recreate the covers using my dogs! So if you haven't seen them yet, there is a tab at the top of the page that has all of my Cover Puppies posts linked in one convenient location. BUT I still wanted to participate in this challenge, so I came up with another Mash-Up for my love of skating! Below I'll list the top five fictional characters I'd want to go roller skating with AND the top five authors I'd want to go roller skating with! 

Top Five Fictional Characters
1. Trevor from Pivot Point.
Because *le sigh* 
Isn't that reason enough?

2. Dee from the Lux Series.
Because Dee is such a fun character!!
I love her enthusiastic personality and she would make anything fun to do!

3. Adrian from the VA novels.
Because watching Adrian try to master roller skating with his sarcastic remarks over constantly falling would be hi-lar-i-ous.

4. Effie Trinket from The Hunger Games.
Because what in the world would she wear? Talk about entertainment.

5. Warner from the Shatter Me series.
Because I can't even finish this thought without fanning myself..

Top Five Authors
1. Kasie West
Because I'm Kasie West's biggest fan, I tell you. But I'm not sure much skating would happen, because I'd be too busy fangirl-ing and begging for another Pivot Point novel and another The Distance Between Us novel and just more books in general from The Writing MASTER!

2. Sarah J. Maas
Because Sarah needs to get out of her writing cave, and breathe some fresh air, and maybe I could convince her to act like she was Chaol while we skated. ;)

3. Wendy Higgins
Because Wendy has a brilliant personality!

(Does anybody get that reference, or did I just show my age?)

4. Rainbow Rowell
Because HELLO, it's Rainbow Rowell and she's adorable.

5. Tahereh Mafi
Because we would keep it weird.
We would keep it awkward,
And we would totes make it walk-ward.
(Or Sk-awkward, because we would be skating.)

Mini-Challenge #5: Letter to Yourself!
(4 p.m.)

Dear Future Becca, 

As you know, I suck at these things, but I just want to make sure you are still blogging for the love of reading, and also make sure you're keeping it sk-awkward! Hopefully Cover Puppies is still something you do weekly, because I'll be honest, those posts are the bomb diggity, if I say so myself. 

That's all I can think of. Like I said, I suck at these things.

Love, 
Past Becca


Mini-Challenge #6: Love-A-Thon Awards!
(7 p.m.)

Best Weekly Feature:
Waiting on Wednesday by Breaking the Spine

Most Creative:
The Broke Book Girls Cookies

Favorite Author twitter:
Tahereh Mafi

Friendliest Blogger:
Katelyn from Tales of Books and Bands
Alexa from Alexa Can Read

I wish I could give awards to everyone because I LOVE YOU ALL!! LoveAThon was so fun to participate in for the first time, and I cannot wait to do it again next year!!

post signature

35 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Cover Puppies feature. It is the best. Just saying :) And this list is great, I'm not familiar with Wendy Higgins' work but I agree with you 100% on every other reason :)

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Nicole! *blushes* You should definitely read Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins! It's great! :)

      Delete
  2. Great List!! I love the Effie Trinkett one because you are right! What in the world would she wear?! It would all coordinate for sure. What accessories would she unnecessarily bring. So fun to think about! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know!! I had a blast imagining all the different things she would end up wearing!! Thanks Shannon :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my god I just died laughing when I saw the puppy cover for Infinite! What a great idea for a feature!

    I definitely need to read Wendy Higgins' books. Sweet Evil has been on my TBR for a while but I still haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IT IS AWESOME!! Haha thank you!! I'm glad you liked it!! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my god, I just died when I saw the puppy cover for Infinite on your twitter. What an adorable, creative idea!

    I really need to move Wendy Higgins up on my TBR list. Sweet Evil has been on my list for a while and I'm pretty sure I have a copy of it on my Kindle, but I still haven't read it yet. Soon, Sweet Evil, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! And sk-awkward cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was wondering if that was going to make anyone laugh or not!! Glad it made you!! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I need to check out COVER PUPPIES!! And yay for Rainbow Rowell and Tahereh Mafi! I love your mini love letter (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your writing and personality. I'm totally cracking up over here. And OMGosh Adrian roller skating? haha that would be sooo hilarious! I still have to read Pivot Point, but I promise I will soon! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    -NicoleLynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I cannot wait to hear what you think of it!! Thank you! That was so sweet of you! I'm glad someone thinks I'm funny! LOL.

      Delete
  8. I love your Cover Puppies idea! So cute! And I'd totally want to roller skate with so many of the people you listed!

    Glad to meet a fellow Oklahoma blogger! I wish we could have met before I moved though, since I guess I'm technically a Washington state blogger now! I'm looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Totally stinks! Maybe we could meet up if you visited sometime! Thanks Andrea!!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your writing style. You had me cracking up over here! And Adrian roller skating?! OMGosh that'd be super hilarious!! I haven't read Pivot Point, but it's on my TBR to read soon. I promise. Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    -NicoleLynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally if I were to go skating with Warner it would need to be ice skating because - holy hotness! Good choice. Now I've got that image stuck in my head for awhile... or forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Warner....oh yeah, now I'm daydreaming again too lol

      Delete
  13. I am dying at cover puppies! Dixie in her glasses gets me every time. What a fun feature!

    Effie would totally show up wearing some kind of crazy roller derby outfit and her rollergirl name would be "F-U Trinket" and I just spent way too much thinking about this haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I actually got Gentry to wear them this week so check back on Thursday!! She looks so cute! I couldn't believe she stayed still long enough for me to take the picture!

      Haha she would!! It would be so awesome!! OMGOSH! F-U Trinket rocks!! I wish I would have thought of that to use as a name when I was skating!! Haha that's great! You have me cracking up now!!

      Delete
  14. Love you letter to yourself! Great post!
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I'm a new follower. I love your Cover Puppies feature! It's such a unique and creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Which books did you add? Can't wait to see!!

    Ooh, I still need to get on SPLIT SECOND! And I can't wait to read Lux later this year, ee! Effie is AWESOME! I want to see her skate!!! And Sarah J. Maas, yesssssssssss!

    And a fox!!! You have a fox header! *immediate love*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember now. -_- haha, I got so behind on comments after LoveAThon, that my mind is blah now!

      YES SPLIT SECOND!! I adored it just as much as Pivot Point!! Ah! I know, I cannot believe it all ends this year!!! I love Effie and Sarah J. Maas so much!! CANNOT WAIT FOR HEIR OF FIRE! OHMYGOD!!! *flaily hands*

      Aw, thank you!! I love my fox so much!!

      Delete
  17. YES TO KASIE WEST :) And I totally agree about the Broke Book Girls Cookies, wow they are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY ANOTHER KW LOVER!!! :) And I want those dang cookies so bad!!! They are SO amazing!!!!

      Delete
  18. Your cover puppies posts are super cute! I love it, and love the fact that your dogs cooperate ;) Also, I would totally roller skate with Dee and Effie. And definitely Sarah J. Maas and Rainbow Rowell and Tahereh Mafi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say that I also really like your letter! Short, sweet and definitely straight to the point :)

      Delete
    2. Haha I'm not going to lie, it takes quite a few pictures to get them to cooperate fully! But we get it eventually. Aw thanks Alexa!! You're such a sweetie!! <3

      Delete
  19. OMG, I love your cover puppies feature! They're just too cute! Love your mashup too but stuck on your cover puppies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm glad I got to introduce so many new people to Cover Puppies during #LoveAThon. It's probably one of my favorite things to do on my blog!!! :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs